Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Do-It-Yourself Baby Shower Invitations
Creating your own baby shower invitation is a unique way of adding a personal touch to the event. It’s easy to design and it’s a fun project to work on for the baby shower.
You don’t even need to know how to use funky graphic design programs. All you would need is the user-friendly MS Word. Pre-packaged card-stock usually comes with instructions on how to set-up the Word document. Another option is to use one of the many free invitation templates available on the web.
Notables Stationers, a fine stationery company based in Edmonton, Alberta has a wide selection of fine paper and envelopes to help you create your own baby shower invitations. Apart from blank paper stock and imprintables, they also have ribbons and brad/clips to help assemble the invitations.
Here a few suggestions and tips to design your own baby shower invitations:
1. Keep your design simple. Don’t crowd it with a lot images since this will make it look cluttered.
2. Use white card stock if you are planning on using colour images. This will bring out the colours really well and won’t look too distracting.
3. Instead of using a folded card design you could use post card stock that might be easier to print on and you don’t have to spend time folding it.
4. Try to stick with using two fonts at the most and use a font that is easy to read. Go easy on the italics and bold function so that you give your design a clean look.
5. Use a picture of mom-to-be or the parents-to-be to add that personal touch and customize the invitation.
Above is a sample invitation we designed using MS Word. Since it’s a couple’s baby shower, so we tried to go easy on the pink and used very little italics. Always keep the theme of the baby shower in mind and try to work that into your invitations as much as possible.
Lastly…have fun and let your creativity flow!